Jul 25, 2011

Yellow Butterfly

I wanted to get out and shoot outside. I have not really felt like it the last two weeks cause of the heat, and rain.

I got out today and as I was driving to my favorite site the clouds were getting darker and so that spoiled it for me. I got a few shots but lighting was none.

I did spot my first yellow butterfly though. But he moved around lots. I did not have my setting right I do not think. What are good settings for butterfly captures? Last year I did get some great shots. Oh well I felt rushed this time, I will have to go on a day when I have more time. Plus the bees were in full force. I hate bees.

This first one was the best out of like 15 I took. As I said he was a movey type plus I kept on having to swat the bees/ bugs away.


Though out of focus these next two are cool.


Then just some flowers with actions and texture added.


I like how this one turned out. Just used coffee shops honey vintage action. 


  above just added texture  layers in soft light and multiply.

Hopefully I can get out and enjoy another good flower shoot with out the road blocks of today.

*****also a question...I notice on many blogs when pictures are posted people add their description  on the bottom of that photo... why? why not on top of the photo? I myself get confused when I look at photos with it that way...  Is that blog correctness or does it not matter?

Thanks just have been wondering??

Hope your week is going wonderfully.

4 comments:

missing moments said...

Lovin' the texture shots! Fortunately, the rain cooled things off a bit but the temps are rising again.

lisaschaos said...

They are all beautiful! I would love to learn how to use textures. :)

lisaschaos said...

Oh, I write below the photo because it's how magazine or books would do it. :0)

Liz said...

Thanks Lisa. I always wanted to know why some do it that way. I am heading over to your blog to talk textures...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
"
"