Apr 21, 2011

Shoot and Edit Easter

From earlier this week I shared my SOOC.

I had a comment that it looked blown out and I totally agree. When I took this it was hard to get detail the lighting was in a wierd spot.


So although I had to do this edit in a rush I think I fixed that problem. If I spent more time with it I as well would have been able to correct the back ground that is now a little off to me. But again this was a quick edit.

I played with the lighting, and contrast and the background highlights. I was able to get the detail of the flowers better, but maybe I over killed alittle. Practice makes perfect.



What do you think?

Joining Ashley today

Here.....

 
Have a fabulous day!!!!
 


10 comments:

Allison Hoffman said...

I like how you brought out the details of the flowers. I like the darker background to contrast against the flowers.

SKC said...

Superb edit.

AlyGatr said...

We are both in an orchid state of mind :) I agree, I liked the SOOC shot really well and I probably would have kept the darker background, but I do like in the edit how you brought the detail back to the flowers. Nice work!

mommy of Five said...

in love with your edit! wow!

leavesnbloom said...

Good job and I like your new look :) You sure got all that detail back into those orchids again. I would take your image alittle further in the edit theme and add a dark texture to the background so that your great orchids are then against a darkish background.

Ashley Sisk said...

I think it looks a lot better - I might have used a layer mask so that I brought out the details of the orchid better while leaving the background a bit darker.

Liz said...

Thanks for all the feed back.!!!

jillconyers said...

You brought out the color and texture of the flowers beautifully. I like the contrast of the dark background with the white flowers in the SOOC.

Cedar said...

I am impressed with how many details you brought back to the flowers. Masking would be one way to keep the darker background, but it might be a fun photo to use texture on--masking off the flower to keep the lovely details you brought out!

Michelle said...

hey there, girlie! I rather like the edit! You definitely brought out the details and almost made the pic look happier, instead of gloomy (or at least, that's how I saw it! :) ) It may be a touch over-worked, but overall, I like it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
"
"