Mar 15, 2011

On A Walk

Thinking it was a good day for a walk. Still chilly outside, but the sun was out and so was the moon, and a wood pecker.And some berries.

First the moon.. I have always wanted to try to get a good shot of the moon but it was always too dark and the shot always came out just as a yellow/white circle against black. But here I am amazed at how this turned out. I sharped and did crop to rid of alot of the sky and used noise ware. But my settings were with my 55-250 lens, at ISO 100, f8.0 1/200. I took many but this was the one that was most in focus and true to the sky color. I have wanted to get the details and what do ya know.. I did. Looking at the bottom you see little bump like detail way cool.



Next up Mr. Wood pecker, I should have tried more with this guy but he flew away and came back but these are what I got, he was way high in the tree and the branches were in the way and my angle was a hard one, but did nothing but sharpened. My settings were the same as in first pretty much the lighting was the same. maybe a tad darker. This spring summer I really want to take more wild life shots and with my new camera hopefully they will be greater.
 I wish these were more in focus, but ...here he is.



Then last but not leaste some more berries.. I bet Mr. Wood Pecker had his fill today.
Settings about the same.


So that was my fun for the day.

6 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I love the moon in a blue sky. Excellent shot. As far as woodpeckers go, they always play hide and seek with me. It's hard to get them to stay still, but you did good.

Kimberly said...

Your moon photo is incredible!

And birds are one of the hardest things to photograph, in my opinion. They move so quickly! Great job!

Julia said...

The brilliant blue sky is such a great background for these pictures! Your woodpecker photos look great- it is SO hard to capture a flying, moving, far away bird but you did a fantastic job!

Zondra Art said...

Monn photo is beautiful!

leavesnbloom said...

That moon shot is so clear and I would love to have captured a photo of a wood pecker......... any photo whether sharp or not! seizing the moment is more important and you sure were able to seize the moment Liz. All I ever hear is the tapping on the trees but I can never find them up in the trees. I've got Norton btw.

SKC said...

Wonderful images. Beautiful blues. Moon shot is fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
"
"