Jan 2, 2011

Snow Flake Hunt

I tried my best at these it was cold and did not have my settings right. I had my ISO at 1600 when it should have been lower and 1/8 F5.6   used my 18-55 mm lens with a macro filter. It was at night with just out door lights.
I am still learning all of the ins and outs. If anyone has any feed back on what I should have set my camera to I would love it. I have my camera set for the noise reduction in low light to be on. I tried useing the flash on a lower ISO but it did not work. And of course now it is not snowing as much.
So yes to much noise and not really focused. Bummer but ya get the jist of these beauties anyway.









15 comments:

Jessaca said...

WOW!!! Liz these are great!!! Dispite all the the tech difficulties you did a great job. Impressed. It still baffles me that snowflakes accually look like this!!

Jessaca said...

You know I look at these again and think God is so good to show us His wonderous works. So beautiful and so marvelous!!!! in aaaahhhhhh

Karen said...

Oh..beautiful.

Tammie Lee said...

yes, so beautiful
from my experience, snowflakes are challenging to photograph, they are so small and at night, wow, that would be hard.
If you go to my blog and scroll to the 2nd post you will see snowflakes.
have fun capturing more!

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

I love the beautiful designs of Mother Nature.

Maaike said...

awesome!
happy new year!

Plant chaser said...

I live in the tropics so cannot give you advice. I do appreciate your photos of the snowflakes which I hardly ever see. Very nice!
-- Bom / Plant Chaser

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

All I can say is: "Wow, wow, WOW!!!"

Maneki Neko [My macro Link]

Do stop by to visit if you can. Have a great day.

LauraX said...

amazing!!! So beautiful:)

Colleen said...

I have never taken a photo of a single snowflake, so I am impressed even if your settings weren't perfect. The best thing about photography is learning from our mistakes. I love when I finally figure something new out!

tchesney said...

Wonderful, wonderful details!! Very pretty and delicate!

MyMaracas said...

Lovely photos! And what a special find those perfect snowflakes are.

Heather said...

Such lovely snowflakes!! I love the detail! Now, I need to find some snow. :)

lisaschaos said...

Hey, I played with flakes today. lol I love playing with them! You did great! :)

Ewa said...

wow, I think I need to try to capture one:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
"
"